50/50 Vision: 50 years of the Cambridge Tech Cluster
It’s the greatest technology story never previously told. How Tim Eiloart and colleagues from Cambridge University put their brains at the disposal of industry in 1960. Not only did their enterprise give birth to the golden child – Cambridge Consultants – but also the venture spawned the Cambridge Technology Cluster. Business Weekly has produced 50/50 Vision – a fabulous A4 book on the greatest entrepreneurs, companies and technologies of the last 50 years which provides a taste of why Cambridge is THE place to be if you want to take a tech start-up global.
50/50 Vision trails the history of Cambridge Consultants with all its highs and lows; from its peak to a slump which had Robert Maxwell and Clive Sinclair stepping up to help – and back to a fresh pomp. How did Cambridge Consultants survive having Peter Cook as a landlord? Not only did it survive but also ... it thrived.
Get the inside track and read about:-
• A wireless pacemaker and other revolutionary technologies in industrial products, wireless & medtech
• Profiles on the greatest Cambridge companies, entrepreneurs and clusters of the last half-century
• Revelations from ARM and Qualcomm on their next major plays • Why Mike Lynch believes Cambridge is essential as a springboard to Autonomy’s global growth
• The Microsoft factor - Rick Rashid, Senior VP of Microsoft Research and Microsoft Corporation co-founder Bill Gates explain why Cambridge was their template for global research expansion
• Ones to Watch – the hot companies to put your money on • The next 50 years: Ian Pearson of Futurizon and ex-BT gets out the crystal ball to create a road map to what technology life may be like in 2060.
Biotech Beginnings, Birth of the Golden Child, Medical Innovation, The Technology Agnostic, Wireless at the Cutting Edge, ARM flexes Global Muscle, Autonomy Pins Future on Cambridge, 25 Years of Qualcomm Innovation, Cambridge Wireless Cluster, Hermann Hauser & the Acorn Legacy, BioMed Boom, Ones to Watch, Life in 2060.
Cover: Paperback / Gloss Laminate
Pagination: 120pp in Full Colour
Size: 210 x 297mm
Published: October 2010